Children these days are fascinated by Siri, Alexa, Google Home and the like. They think these applications are super smart and have all the information. This course will help students not only understand how AI technology works but also make them feel that they have the agency to teach machines. For instance, as children start to train their own models for facial or gesture recognition, they will begin to understand that AI is not magic. They will understand how recommendations are made by Amazon.com or in Youtube. How can predictions be made using AI?
We've launched this course online, so kids anywhere in the world can take the instructor-led classes in English.
What kind of hands-on projects will students make in this course?
- Teach machines to recognise shapes, colours. Identify different fruits.
- Recognize faces, gestures, body postures. Eg. Unlock phone with your face.
- Recognize and differentiate between sounds - music vs noise
- Recognize feeling in text and speech, for example in Twitter feed
- Teach machines to play games, better than humans
- Make a Chatbot to assist the class teacher
- Make a virtual pet that reacts differently when you say nice vs mean things
- Operate electronic devices and appliances at home