Children these days are fascinated by Siri, Alexa, connected gadgets and devices. They think these applications are super smart and have all the information. In this course, children will learn how to create these smart applications by training their own models. They will understand how recommendations are made by Amazon.com or in Youtube. How can predictions be made using AI?
In doing so, they will not only understand how AI technology works but also start to feel that they have the agency to teach machines. They will begin to understand that AI is not magic and it will demystify the intelligence of Alexa, Siri and robots. and predictions
What kind of hands-on projects will students make in this course?
- Teach machines to recognise shapes, colours. Identify different fruits.
- Recognize faces, gestures, body postures. Eg. Unlock phone with your face.
- Recognize and differentiate between sounds - music vs noise
- Recognize feeling in text and speech, for example in Twitter feed
- Teach machines to play games, better than humans
- Make a Chatbot to assist the class teacher
- Make a virtual pet that reacts differently when you say nice vs mean things
- Operate electronic devices and appliances at home